Some essential points for a good understanding of the spirit proposed by this course, especially when the pedagogical positioning in comparison with training modules provided by official bodies (armed, specific services, schools ...) or by private actors oriented towards survival and specific techniques to clearly identified environments:
This internship will not allow you to acquire specific knowledge or to master a set of military techniques in such a short period of time. Mainly because obviously one week is not enough, then because of the stress, the reduction of rest time and the level of unusual comfort imposed on the trainees.
The courses, work and exercises given during the internship, in addition to the physical overtaking and the learning of the notion of a group in a combat situation, bring a "military-centered" vision of the consequences of a civil conflict and give the necessary keys to an understanding of the issues faced by unit or militia leaders consisting of purely "civilian" recruits, as well as preparatory steps for combat operations, using a range of scenarios, case studies or RETEX.
The trainees will face difficult conditions, in every respect (except that of access to food - meals and snacks are plentiful). This with the clear purpose of confronting the trainee with himself, his leadership abilities and his will despite the circumstances.
IN SUMMARY: THIS COURSE IS A BASIS - THEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL - PRIOR TO "TRUE" WORK -
No specific academic profile, even if, obviously, enough background to integrate a set of concepts (organizational, group psychology ...) and a general level of knowledge in order to address geopolitical, economic or technological issues (discussed during conferences or informal exchanges during the course) are necessary.
The essential point is your ability to "mental resistance". You will be brought to:
Use your physical resources up to the limits of rupture, especially during phases of sleep deprivation, lack of comfort or specific maneuvers.
Undergoing the psychological pressure imposed by the different objectives that will be set for you, the safety inherent in the manipulation of weapons and fireworks, and the effect of group living.
Undergo the management team (which implements a "harder" formative scheme than that practiced within traditional European forces).
Fitness is not a discriminating factor, those who enjoy quality physical training will help others. On the other hand, swimming is obligatory.
Our structure does not allow the reception of female trainees
Each trainee file is pre-validated according to our internal criteria
The administrative elements to be provided by the participant:
- A medical certificate of fitness dated and signed by the doctor (which takes again the possible treatment in progress)
- A criminal record - Part No 3 - blank (or any official document of a Schengen State)
- A valid biometric passport (for crossing the border)
The elements to be signed and signed by the participant:
- A contractual agreement of confidentiality (especially when to the identity of the other participants)
- A contractual document of commitment to the internal regulation and the permanent respect of the rules of security (in particular in the handling and the use of the armament).
* A multi-drug urine test will be performed before the start of the course. A positive test will immediately terminate the internship for the participant concerned.
The module takes place around Chernihiv (Chernihiv Oblast):
The base-village of Desnyanka (northwest of Chernihiv)
- Theoretical courses, obstacle course, river swimming and various exercises - including night exercises
The 169-th Training Center of Land Forces - Desna Village
- All shots (handguns, rifles, grenades, rockets and improvised explosives) on different media
The module will run, depending on weather forecasts, either in January or in February. This period, with an average temperature between -1 ° and -12 ° Celsius, is the most conducive to the joys of an internship in "cold zone" and learning reflexes to adopt when faced with the rigors of the 'winter.
Refer (in the program) to the page "YOUR PACKING". In the effects that you must take with you for the duration of the course, it is essential to take into account the negative temperatures and the conditions (snow, mud, humidity ...).
An overview of temperature averages in Chernihiv (2018 data):
Two types of insurance policy are contracted for the internship period:
Liability insurance covering:
- the risks of accidents resulting from a safety defect
- The damage caused by a trainee to the equipment made available
- The risks of accidents outside the training period (rest, meals ...)
“Medical & repatriation” insurance which covers:
- The care that would be required following an accident or illness
- Sanitary repatriation as needed
Before the start of the training:
- Each trainee reads a contractual document in which he commits himself to the absolute respect of the instructions of safety transmitted by the members of the pedagogic team, the initials and the sign.
- The doctor in charge of the sanitary follow-up of the trainees can at any time put an end to the training of a trainee if his state of health imposes it.